This 340-bed hospital, part of the HCA Virginia Health System, derives its name from Henricus, an early settlement massacred by Powhatan Indians in 1622, then rebuilt nearby as Virginia’s new capital. The hospital was called Henrico Doctors’ Hospital-Forest until Feb. 2009, when the name was simplified. The opening of a cardiac medical intensive care unit and a new ED in Jan. 2011 is the latest phase of its five-year, $100 million renovation. An intra-operative MRI suite opened in April 2010 and the hospital will open a new lobby, a pre-admission testing area, a laboratory and a satellite pharmacy in fall 2011. The hospital was the first in central Virginia to receive patient data via WiFi. Among many distinctions, the hospital received the outstanding achievement award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, an award given to less than 20 percent of all cancer centers.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.